TERMS AND CONDITIONS
General terms and conditions of sale
SAECON Sagl – Via Grancia 1 – 6926 Montagnola (Switzerland)
Version: Mai 2022
- These general conditions form an integral part of all offers, master agreements and contracts relating to the provision of services and goods by SAECON and signed by its customers. Different conditions apply only if accepted by SAECON in writing.
- Each offer and/or contract shall be deemed accepted if the Customer returns it signed or if he declares his acceptance by e-mail.
- Each offer and/or contract issued by SAECON is carried out in compliance with the internal Quality Control System. SAECON’s internal processes and Quality Management System are certified according to ISO 9001:2015 by the Swiss Association for Quality and Management Systems SQS, located at Bernstrasse 103, 3052 Zollikofen, Switzerland.
- SAECON will treat all information received from the Customer as highly confidential. An NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) may be signed by representatives of SAECON and the Customer on a specific proposal by the Customer.
- Prices include engineering work, software licences and hardware costs. Software licences and hardware necessary to carry out the project will be provided by SAECON.
- Prices are valid for a period of 4 (four) weeks from the date of issue of the offer. The prices do not include VAT or any other taxes.
- Payment terms and conditions. Payment shall be due 30 (thirty) days after the invoice date, unless other payment terms are expressly agreed upon. Payments shall be made in Swiss Francs (CHF) or in Euros (EUR) without discount to the designated SAECON’s bank address. The payment currency shall be expressly stated on the invoice. Once the payment deadline has been expired, the customer shall be considered to be in default without the need for reminders. In the event of default, SAECON is entitled to postpone or refuse further deliveries. The Customer is not entitled to withhold a payment or to offset credits without SAECON’s approvation.
- SAECON shall not be liable for delay in delivery dates or for failure to perform due to causes beyond the reasonable control of the Seller.
- Ordering and Delivery of Goods. In the event SAECON takes charge of the manufacture of products (prototypes, components, spare parts, etc.) the shipment is entrusted to a transporter who is responsible for the time and manner of delivery as well as the integrity of the goods taken over. The Customer shall undertake to check the items immediately upon receipt. Any complaints about the deliverables must be made known to SAECON in writing within eight days after receipt. If the Customer has not made any complaint within eight days, the Customer shall be deemed to have accepted the delivery unconditionally.
- In the event of inspections at the Customer’s premises, the Customer is responsible for ensuring that SAECON’s employees have safe access to the premises, that the premises do not present any health risks for the employees, that the necessary authorisations for such services are in place and that the necessary infrastructure is available for the performance of the services. The Customer is liable for all damages caused to persons and objects of SAECON at its premises unless they are the responsibility of SAECON or its employees.
- Reports, models used and documents will be archived for a period of 5 (five) years by SAECON.
- Swiss law shall be exclusively applicable to all agreements, offers and/or contracts entered into with SAECON. Any dispute concerning affairs for or in relation to an agreement or an offer and/or an order, shall be judged by the Court in Lugano City (Pretura città Lugano).
Updated to: July 22, 2022